BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- Check you have all your travel documents.
- Carry your current immunisation document.
- Check that you have health insurance. If you have some already, then check whether you are covered in the country you are visiting, if not take out some travel insurance.
- Notify your credit card company that you will be travelling out of the country.
- Check with your mobile phone company. They might be able to offer you an international rate. Check the prices for making and receiving calls where you are going.
Make copies of:
- Your passport and put it in a separate place from your other documents. This is in case you lose your passport, and this will be a great help should you need to get another passport.
Make a list of:
- Your medications and dosages.
- Any food or medication allergies.
Take a photo of:
- Your luggage and keep it with the copy of your passport – this will help if your luggage gets lost. Also, pack in your suitcase a flight itinerary because this can also help to quickly connect you with your lost luggage.
Travelling with children