HOW TO AVOID BEING STUNG ... by insects
To Avoid Being Stung ...
- Don't wear perfume or brightly coloured clothes on hot days
- Keep arms and legs covered, and use insect repellant
- Wear loose clothing that a sting is less likely to penetrate
- If an insect lands on you, don't try to swat it - blow it away
- If you disturb a nest and several wasps attack you, run through shrubs or hedges where it is harder for them to follow
If You Are Stung ...
- If the sting remains in the skin, scrape it out with the fingernail or a knife. Do not use tweezers as you may squeeze more poison into the wound
- Apply a clod compress or ice pack to reduce the swelling
- Apply some Aloe Vera Gel to soothe the skin
- If a person is stung in the mouth or throat, or becomes unwell or collapses after any sting, seek medical help immediately
- If you have ever reacted unusually to a sting, seek medical advice and ask to be referred to a clinical allergist